During this period of a world pandemic, what are the steps taken by iMotion Physical Therapy as your provider, so YOU continue to have a safe physical therapy session?
We want to give YOU the confidence that WE are taking all measures to ensure safety of our clients, therapists and support staff as well as the community. We are following the guidelines laid down by The Center for Disease control for ensuring a safe environment for our patients as well as our staff and the community. We also have guidelines set forth by our Infection control agency that lays down policies and procedures specific to our practice in addition to CDCs guidelines.
As a healthcare facility, iMotion has always followed the CDCs guidelines for sanitation and cleanliness. With the new pandemic of Novel Coronavirus, additional measures were brought forth.
The following are the steps taken by iMotion to ensure a safe and sanitized practice environment
WE ARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH FOR HIGH RISK PATIENTS.
- Starting at setting patient appointment on the phone, they are screened and asked about recent travel, any symptoms related to Covid-19.
- In the waiting area: Patients are seated in the waiting area for minimum amount of time to reduce exposure and to maintain social distancing.
- Disinfecting and sanitizing of waiting area chairs, reception counter, and pens.
- Inside the Clinic area, following measures are taken to ensure a healthy and sanitized environment
- Screening questionnaire for all patients at every visit.
- Disinfecting and Cleaning of treatment tables between patients.
- Disinfecting and Cleaning of pillows between uses.
- Disinfecting and cleaning of equipment frequently between uses.
- Cleaning of dumbells, therapist equipment such as mobilization tools, suction cups etc
- Disinfecting electrodes as per CDC guidelines.
- Disinfecting and cleaning of high usage areas such as doorknobs, door handles, faucets, pens, desks, keyboards.
- Disinfecting the AlterG treadmill including the frame, panel as well as the pants that are worn while using the AlterG treadmill.
- Displaying appropriate signs if tables are cleaned or need to be cleaned.
- Spacing the patients as far away as possible during treatment and exercises.
- Using personal protective equipment for our physical therapists and support staff.
- Gloves, masks, hand sanitizers, rubbing alcohol, are available for immediate use as well as stocked for future use.
- Health care grade and EPA approved disinfectant are available and stocked for disinfecting surfaces.
- Additional precautions taken are as follows;
- Spacing patients to reduce traffic in the clinic and reduce exposure. Ensuring social distancing is maintained in the Clinic, treatment as well as waiting area.
- Having patients wash hands at the commencement of session and at the end.
- Per CDC guidelines, our physical therapists and support staff are educated with a Frequent meeting as well as meeting when needed as new policies by the government as well as local authorities emerge to assure compliance.
- Guidelines are displayed for patients as well as staff regarding the general sanitation and social distancing policies put forth by the CDC as follows:
- Wash their hands and/or sanitize after each interaction with any individual, including but not limited to physical therapy treatment.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use the CDC-recommended hand sanitizer available at our clinic.
Our team at iMotion wants to assure you, that your safety and health are our primary importance and we are taking all steps necessary to continue keeping it safe.